1. Call the behavior what it is.
Tell your friend that there's a difference between being abusive & having a bad day.
2. Don't put up w/ abusive language & behaviors.
Like wife beaters or bitch-slap. If u aren't comfortable calling someone on it, lead by example & remove it from your vocab.
3. Approach this as a shared issue.
Both guys & girls can be the victim. Either can be the abuser. Both can be good role models for one another.
4. Analyze your own actions and beliefs.
Try to understand how your own attitudes and actions might allow violence.
5. Support others working to end violence.
Go to events, volunteer, & be an activist.
6. Be an example for those younger than u.
Show u care about the issues, so they will care too & be better prepared in the future.